- Epsom salt, otherwise know as magnesium sulfate
- When Epsom salt is dissolved in water, it releases magnesium and sulfate ions.
- Add to your bath: 2 cups (about 475 grams) of Epsom salt to the water in a standard-sized bathtub and soak your body for at least 15 minutes.
Magnesium is an essential mineral for wellbeing
- Maintains a healthy nervous system.
- Early signs of magnesium deficiency may include, fatigue, anxiety, insomnia, irritability and poor memory.
- Need for magnesium increases when we are stressed.
- Magnesium may deplete potassium stores. Please consider consuming chia seeds, bananas, coconut water and other potassium rich whole foods to counteract this and get the best out of your magnesium.